In Solidarity is More Than a Conference
In Solidarity is a national convening of young leaders, advocates, social service professionals, community-based organizations, and policymakers. This gathering includes a variety of opportunities to engage, learn, and connect:
- Intensive deep-dive learning sessions featuring presentations by leaders and experts on critical and urgent topics
- Interactive “innovation in motion” sessions sharing creative models and ideas for programming, community organizing, communication, and policy reform from folks’ on-the-ground work in communities
- A self-care room curated by Harriet’s Apothecary
- Dynamic training opportunities through pre-conference intensives
- An un-exhibit hall curated to celebrate the culture, art, and entrepreneurship of girls, women, and gender nonconforming youth
In Solidarity focuses on:
- HEALING – Understanding the root causes of trauma and discovering new pathways to well being.
- OPPORTUNITY – Exploring diverse and innovative ways to support health, economic security and civic engagement for girls.
- JUSTICE – Catalyzing and strengthening the justice reform for girls’ movement.
Call for Proposals
We invite proposals for one-hour Innovation in Motion sessions. Sessions can be interactive workshops, presentations, performances, film, panels, or other creative formats. Innovation in Motion sessions are dynamic, interactive sessions that share exciting, creative models and ideas for programming, community organizing, communication, and policy reform from folks’ on-the-ground work in communities. Sessions can range from sharing successful campaign efforts to workshopping a new initiative or idea.
Proposals can be submitted at this link. Proposals are due December 1, 2018.